This easy strawberry lemonade vodka slush recipe is the perfect frozen boozy drink for hot summer days!Jump to Recipe
When summer rolls around, there’s nothing quite like a frozen slushie to cool yourself down. This frozen vodka lemonade slush is so yummy, and is perfect to drink poolside. Made with homemade lemonade, strawberries and vodka, this vodka strawberry lemonade slush is super easy and comes together in 10 minutes.
Summer is berry season, so I’ve been stocking up on strawberries everytime I go to the grocery store. There’s many advantages to buying strawberries when they’re in season: they’re cheaper, and they’re at their peak in flavor. This makes them perfect for freezing so you always have good strawberries ready to go when you need them.
This frozen strawberry lemonade vodka recipe calls for frozen strawberries, fresh squeezed lemonade and a bit of vodka. The drink isn’t super strong, and you could easily make it a mocktail by leaving out the vodka. It’ll leave you with a yummy strawberry lemonade slush that still tastes amazing!
How to Freeze Strawberries for This Strawberry Lemonade Vodka Slush Recipe
Wondering how to freeze strawberries for this strawberry lemonade vodka slush recipe? It’s not very hard! To freeze them, space your strawberries out on a baking sheet (make sure they’re not touching), stick them in the freezer for an hour or two, and then put them in a ziploc bag to freeze them.
I like freezing my berries this way to make sure I’m able to grab a couple at a time when I need them for a drink or two. If you stick all of them in a ziploc bag without pre-freezing them they’ll clump together.
Ingredients A Frozen Strawberry Slush Recipe
Making this frozen strawberry slush recipe is super easy and requires a few ingredients below!
- Frozen strawberries: you can use fresh ones in a pinch!
- Lemons: fresh squeezed to give you the best flavor.
- Simple syrup: super easy to make (just sugar and water!) and the key to making yummy lemonade.
- Vodka: this is what makes it boozy, but you can easily leave it out for a mocktail slush, or replace it with rum for something more tropical.
How to Make a Strawberry Vodka Lemonade Slush (Recipe)
- Make simple syrup;
- Squeeze lemons and mix with simple syrup to make your lemonade;
- Place everything in a blender: lemonade, strawberries and vodka;
- Pulse for 10-15 seconds until everything’s smooth and has a slush like consistency.
Strawberry Lemonade Vodka Slush Recipe
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (6 ounce or 170 grams by weight)
- 3/4 cup water, measured in the same cup as the sugar (6 ounces or 170 grams by weight)
- 1 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 12 ounces water
- 10 ounces frozen strawberries (by weight)
- 50 large ice cubes, about 50 ounces by weight
- 1 cup vodka, chilled
Make Everything Else
- In a small sauce pan, mix 3/4 cup of sugar and 3/4 cup of water, measured using the same measuring cup (use a dry measuring cup).
Make Simple Syrup
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then immediately remove from the stove. Set aside to cool.
- Squeeze the lemons.
- In a large blender, add the simple syrup, fresh squeezed lemons, remaining water, frozen strawberries and pulse until everything's combined. Work in small batches.
- Garnish with strawberries and lemon slices and enjoy!
Below are some frequently asked questions for making a strawberry vodka slush with fresh squeezed lemonade. It’s one of my favorite summer drinks!