Let’s be real for a second: Eating healthy can feel like such a chore. While I love to cook, I don’t always have the time to whip up a healthy dinner or pack a healthy vegan lunch. Inevitably, I end up reaching for the takeout menu, or even worse, going out for fast food for the convenience.
But here’s the thing, eating healthy doesn’t have to be hard, take a ton of time, or cost a bunch of money. Even if you’re a procrastinator, you can totally meal prep an easy vegan lunch on Sunday night for the upcoming week.
- Why Vegan Lunch Options Are the Best
- Tips for Meal Prep
- Easy Vegan Lunches Perfect for Sunday Meal Prep
- Red Lentil Curry
- Quinoa Chickpea Salad with Lemon Dill Dressing
- One Pot Vegan Minestrone Soup
- 15 Minute Black Bean Soup
- Veggie Teriyaki Stir-Fry with Noodles
- Instant Pot Tomato Soup
- Peanut Tofu Satay Curry
- Easy Vegan Lasagna
- Spinach and Quinoa Vegan Meal Prep Bowls
- Easy Vegan Chili Sin Carne
- Vegan Pot Pie
- Broccoli Stir Fry
- Korean BBQ Chickpea Bento Bowls
- Easy Vegan Pad Thai
- Easy Vegan Burrito Bowls
- Are you ready to start meal prepping?
- Grab Your Free Meal Planning Printables
Why Vegan Lunch Options Are the Best
When I don’t have time to come up with healthy lunch ideas, I always always always reach for vegan options. Why? because most vegan food is simply plant-based meals. And I know you know that we need to eat more plants.
With vegan options, I don’t have to second guess whether I’m getting the right amount of veggies, I KNOW I am. So not only am I eating healthy, but I’m also save bunch of money by bringing my lunch to work instead of going out and spending $15 on lunch.
With that in mind, I’ve compiled a list of my favorite healthy and easy vegan lunch recipes that anyone can make on a Sunday. These dishes are all perfect for your weekly meal prep
Before we get to the recipes though, read on to get some helpful tips if you struggle with meal prep. These tips are easy and actionable and can help you get started meal prepping today.
Tips for Meal Prep
- Make (and keep) a list of your favorite foods. Having a list of things you know you enjoy easily accessible can save you a bunch of time when you’re meal prepping because it takes out the decision fatigue that comes with trying to create a brand new list of meals for the week. Brainstorm a list of meals that you know you like and know how to make, and draw from there when you’re making your weekly meal plan.
- Start small: if you’re new to meal prepping, don’t start by thinking you’ll make all your breakfasts, lunches and dinners in one sitting. Start by finding the meals that you struggle the most with. if you know you have a hard time with bringing luinch to work, start by meal prepping a couple of lunches for the week. Once you feel more comfortable you can start adding in more prep. Baby steps, people!
- Plan it out. When I’m planning my meals for the week, I start with 3 things: my list of meals that I know I like, a pretty meal planning printable, and my planner. It helps me tremendously to know what I have coming up for the week in creating my meal plan. For example, if I know I’m not going to be in my office because I have a lunch appointment, I plan to eat lunch out those days. If I know I have a light week where I’ll be home early, I know I don’t have to stress about meal prepping entirely on the weekened because I can break it up and cook as I go during the week.
- Get the right containers. Having the right meal prep containers make a huge difference. Think about it: if you’re making a bunch of meals but don’t have enough containers, or the right type of containers, you won’t have anywhere to put them or an easy way to bring them to work with you. I like these glass containers – they’re pretty, environmentally friendly, and can help you stay organized.
Easy Vegan Lunches Perfect for Sunday Meal Prep
Red Lentil Curry
This red lentil curry is the FULL of flavor and is absolute proof that vegan food can be amazing. I love that you can easily customize this recipe by adding your favorite ingredients. Better yet, it can keep in the fridge for several days – perfect for you weekend vegan meal prep!
Quinoa Chickpea Salad with Lemon Dill Dressing
I’m a sucker for pretty, light food and this quinoa salad fits the bill. This is a fresh meal perfect for meal prep and only takes 30 minutes to put together. Make a large batch on Sunday night so you’ll have plenty leftover for an easy lunch during the week.
One Pot Vegan Minestrone Soup
Can we take a minute to talk about this minestrone soup recipe? I mean, it’s packed with seasonal, good-for-you vegetables and whole grains. I feel like a healthier person just by LOOKING at this soup. Also, you can whip this up in less than 30 minutes in a SINGLE pot. Talk about an easy meal! Pack some for an easy, healthy vegan lunch on those cold fall and winter days. You won’t be disappointed.
15 Minute Black Bean Soup
This black bean vegan soup is amazing. Canned black beans make this so easy to make, and it’s incredibly flavorful to boot! You can easily omit the cheese garnish and simply top with avocado for a creamy, easy vegan lunch that’s also fairly cheap to make. Make a big pot of it and take it with you to work for the perfect vegan lunch.
Veggie Teriyaki Stir-Fry with Noodles
If you’re a fan of Chinese food takeout meals, this recipe will be your JAM. This veggie teriyaki stir-fry is so flavorful, and you can fill it with whatever veggies you have on hand. The more colorful the better! Make a big pot of this own Sunday night for dinner and take the extra leftovers to work on Monday for a perfect vegan meal that will be the envy of your office.
Instant Pot Tomato Soup
There is NOTHING better than a giant bowl of soup on Sunday. This creamy tomato soup is creamy and chock full of flavor. Plus, it’s super easy to make. Get some pretty glass containers and pack this for an easy vegan lunch.
Peanut Tofu Satay Curry
I’m a sucker for a good curry like this peanut tofu satay curry. It’s packed full of flavor and you can easily make it your own, which I love. Have I mentioned that it’s super easy to make? It’s ready in 20 minutes y’all! How can you NOT add this to your Sunday lunch meal prep for the week?
Easy Vegan Lasagna
Ok I have to confess I’m writing about lasagna right after eating a bunch of lasagna. So that should give you an idea of just how much I love lasagna. However, the thought of making my own lasagna has always been intimidating. Until I found this vegan lasagna from the Minimalist Baker that is. No joke, you can prep this in TEN minutes. The rest of the time it’s just doing its thing in the oven. Plus, it keeps in the fridge for 4-5 days, talk about a winning combination!
Spinach and Quinoa Vegan Meal Prep Bowls
These quinoa bowls are so easy and simple! You really only need around 10 ingredients to get these going and then they’re ready in thirty minutes. You can easily make this for lunch on a busy Sunday night while you’re doing laundry or something else and have an easy, filling, healthy meal ready for the week. Give them a try!
Easy Vegan Chili Sin Carne
If you love a good bowl of chili, you’ll love this vegan chili sin carne (chili without meat). I love recipes that take very little prep work, are simple, and easy for anyone to make and this chili definitely fits the bill. You can make this and freeze it for those lazy days when you just can’t get yourself to make another meal from scratch. Try it out for lunch or dinner!
Vegan Pot Pie
So I very recently started baking and have fallen in love with it. In honor of that, I’ve been searching high and low for easy bakes I can take with me to work for lunch. This vegan pot pie fits that bill and takes it one step further! It’s a creamy, flaky pie that’s PACKED with veggies and is super easy to make. Everyone at work is going to be super impressed when they realize you actually made this vegan pie for lunch 😉
Broccoli Stir Fry
I love an easy stir-fry I can whip up quickly with whatever I have on hand and this broccoli stir-fry totally allows me to do that. And get this, you can have this ready and on the table in TWENTY minutes. That’s right, this is a super quick recipe, meaning you can make a bunch of it at once. Serve it with some white rice or add some noodles for an easy vegan lunch that’s pretty and healthy!
Korean BBQ Chickpea Bento Bowls
There’s a Korean BBQ restaurant ten minutes away from my house and I have recently become obsessed Korean flavors. This vegan Korean BBQ chickpea recipe is a perfect way to satisfy that craving! This is a healthy option that’s perfect for vegan meal prep, won’t break the bank, and is so easy to make. Why not add this to your Sunday evening cooking routine?
Easy Vegan Pad Thai
This vegan pad thai is so easy to make and will save you so much money if you make it instead of getting takeout. I kid you not, this recipe is going to be ready in less than 15 minutes, that’s how easy this is. It’s absolutely perfect to whip up on a Sunday for an easy vegan lunch you can have the next day. Your wallet (and your tummy!) will thank you.
Easy Vegan Burrito Bowls
I’m the first to confess that I spend WAYYY too much money on burrito bowls. Instead, I really should be making these easy vegan burrito lunch bowls and saving my money! Not only are these vegan bowls so easy and healthy, they’ll also save you a ton of money. Because let’s be real, we really shouldn’t be spending $10+ a day on a burrito bowl from Chipotle. Give them a try, you won’t be disappointed.
Are you ready to start meal prepping?
I hope you’ve seen by now that making a healthy easy lunch doesn’t have to take a lot of money, time or effort. Next time that you have an hour or so on an otherwise busy Sunday night, make one of these easy vegan lunch ideas and you’ll be set for Monday. Your wallet and your waist will thank you!